Installation Guide (Steam)
Shards of Dalaya is the longest continuously running emulated EverQuest server, featuring completely reimagined lore and a number of custom mechanics not present in the parent game. To make a character of your own and set foot on your adventure, follow the steps outlined below.
Install the Game via Steam (Windows)
To install EverQuest using Steam, do the following:
- Visit the official Steam website:
- Create a Steam account if you don't already have one by clicking on login and then Join Steam. (Steam accounts are free.)
- After creating an account, download the Steam installer from the website by clicking on the green Install Steam button.
- Open the Steam installer to install Steam.
- Open Steam and log in to your Steam account.
- Type EverQuest into the search bar.
- Click on the EverQuest game (dated Dec 13, 2012) and click on the green Play Game button to add the game to library.
- Click on the Library tab at the top.
- Double click on EverQuest Free-to-Play in your library list and download the game.
- When the game has finished downloading, right-click EverQuest Free-to-Play in the library list and select Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, click on Browse Local Files.
- Click the "Up" arrow to the left of the file address bar.
- Right-click on the EverQuest F2P folder and select Copy (recommended) or Cut (if your hard drive is low on storage space).
- Navigate to wherever you want to place the folder, such as C: > Program Files (x86) or the desktop, and Paste (CTRL + V) the folder there.
- Open the Shards of Dalaya patcher (SoD 2.5 Patcher.exe).
- Within the patcher, check the Repatch All box, then click on the Browse... button to direct the patcher at your newly installed, newly moved EverQuest F2P folder.
- Click Patch and Run to update to Shards of Dalaya's files.
- After patching, enter the game!