Help:How to help
How to help
Welcome! Please help us document the world of Shards of Dalaya!
What is SoDWiki?
SoDWiki is a website for Shards of Dalaya collaboratively written by many of its fans. It is a special type of website, called a wiki, that makes collaboration easy. Many people are constantly improving its articles with changes, all of which are recorded on article histories and recent changes. Inappropriate changes can be removed, and repeat offenders can be blocked from editing.
The content on this site can be edited through any internet browser, with no additional software. For technical help on how to edit, consult any of these links:
- MediaWiki Handbook, on editing
- Wikipedia's editing cheatsheet
- Our sandbox can be used for experimental edits.
Don't be afraid to edit—anyone can edit almost any page, and we encourage you to be bold! Find something that can be improved, whether it be content, grammar, or formatting, and make it better.
New users are encouraged to create an account so that contributions are properly attributed to them. It also makes it easier for other users to contact them.
We try to follow a common style and format across articles for consistency. When editing, you can generally look at a similar article for an example or consult the formatting guidelines.
You can't break SoDWiki (but please, don't try to). Anything can be fixed or improved later. So go ahead, edit an article and help make this the best source of information on Shards of Dalaya!
When editing an article, if your changes are only limited to a small section, it is a best practice to use the edit link of the enclosing section. If your changes involve several different sections, consider using the edit link at the top of the page instead of editing one section at a time. Also, before saving your changes, always verify them with the preview button before committing your changes.
- Assuming that this wiki has all of the correct information about SoD
- This is a site run by the community of Shards of Dayala fans who edit here. We have access to the same knowledge as any other player.
- Since all editors are human, there will be missing or incorrect information here. If you see this, please help by improving it!
- Assuming that this follows the conventions of other wikis
- Assuming control of submitted content, or creating personal pages in the wrong place
- Any submitted content generally becomes open for others to edit. Articles can be mercilessly edited by anyone as long as site policies and guidelines are followed. Consider using your User Name Space for more personalized pages.
- Adding information to the wrong place
- Everything has a place; for example, information about an item should be on that item's specific page not on the page of the NPC it is obtained from. A link to the item from the NPC's page would be far more appropriate. Consider the type of information you're adding and where it would be most effective.
Finding something to help with
- If you find a subject that needs an article, you can add some basic information and create it (it doesn't have to be complete!) See the list of wanted pages for pages that are linked to, but have not yet been created.
- Articles that are in need of fixing to conform to the formatting guidelines can be found at Category:Cleanup.
- Some articles have only basic information and need to be filled out -- these are known as "stubs". To find and help with these, look through Category:Stubs.
- Some users like to browse pages at random to find articles to improve. Use the "Random page" link in the side navigation box. Many others prefer to help with current problems and conflicts, which can be found in the list of recent changes.